The Centre of Policy and Legal Reform announces a competition for the post of communications manager
Please send your CV and motivational letter by August 25, 2020.
The Centre of Policy and Legal Reform is a non-governmental think tank, founded in 1996, which works in the following areas: constitutional order; governance and public administration; judiciary; criminal justice; combatting corruption; and civil society development.
Our mission is to foster institutional reforms in Ukraine to establish democracy, rule of law and good governance.
To this end, the Centre’s experts prepare analytics, which forms the basis of state decisions; participate in the development of strategic documents defining the plan of state reform; initiate the development of laws and amendments to laws, taking into account the requirements and needs of society and monitor their implementation; bring together leading experts in the field of law.
- implementation and, if necessary, updating of the CPLR communication strategy;
- developing and supporting ongoing communications with the media (Internet, print, radio, television, etc.), partners and other target audiences;
- implementation of communication tasks in CPLR projects;
- organization and conduct of public events, radio and television broadcasts, preparation of announcements and press releases, other materials within these events, work with speakers, etc;
- developing content plans, preparing, editing and filling of the CPLR website (content), social media web-pages (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Telegram).
- media monitoring, analysis of attendance rates of the organization's information resources, preparation of recommendations to improve their attendance and efficiency;
- developing visual materials and presentation of texts, information booklets, corporate materials, videos, etc., and coordinating the work of contractors;
- preparation and distribution of annual reports and other types of summary materials, digests, electronic newsletters of CPLR;
- internal communications development.
Expectations from candidates:
- experience in communications, media or PR; working for a similar position in a CSO will be an advantage;
- fluent Ukrainian language skills, literacy, experience of working with texts of different styles and understanding the difference between them; knowledge of English at the level that allows to correspond and prepare articles for the site and social networks, as well as sufficient for working communication will be an advantage;
- excellent command of major Microsoft programs, Google online tools, experience with website administration systems, automatic mailing lists such as MailChimp; knowledge of graphics editors for content visualization will be an advantage;
- experience of working with media; having an up-to-date media database will be an advantage;
- orientation in the political life of Ukraine, possession of basic knowledge about the state structure, the work of various branches of government, the legislative process, etc;
- willingness to work full time with the possibility of remote work;
- thoroughness, punctuality, proactivity, ability and willingness to learn.
What do we offer?
- full time – in the office and with the possibility of remote work;
- a friendly team and a convenient office in the centre of Kiev;
- competitive remuneration for efficient work;
- professional and personal development;
- participation in important events of social and political life in Ukraine.
Probation period – 3 months.
To participate in the competition, please send us your CV and motivational letter, where you should tell us why you are interested in this work and in what way you can improve the communications of the Centre of Policy and Legal Reform. Please indicate your expected salary.
Please send your CV and motivational letter by e-mail to email@example.com by August 25, 2020 with the subject line "Communication Manager". Interviews with candidates will take place from August 26.
CVs without the motivational letter and expected salary will not be considered.
More information about the Centre of Policy and Legal Reform can be found on our website: www.pravo.org.ua.