Weekly analytics for 01 — 07 February
Political Points of the Centre of Policy and Legal Reform include a weekly expert analysis of the most important process in Ukraine in areas of constitutionalism, political parties and elections, governance and public administration reform, judiciary, combating corruption, criminal justice, etc.
If you want to receive expert Points for the last week of the current month every Tuesday by mail, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
During January 30 – February 6, the Secretariat of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine published the documents of 9 applicants who applied for participation in the competitive selection of candidates for the position of judge of the Constitutional Court of Ukraine under the Parliament’s quota.
On January 20, the Parliament’s Secretariat, at the request of the Parliament’s Committee on Legal Policy, announced the begining of competitive selection of candidates for three vacant positions of judges of the Constitutional Court of Ukraine under the quota ot the Parliament. Within 10 days from the publication of this notice, persons who intend to participate in such a selection should send the documents specified in the second part of Article 10-5 of the Law «On the Constitutional Court of Ukraine» (with amendments in accordance with the Law № 2846-IX of December 13, 2022):
- application for participation in the competitive selection in an arbitrary form;
- motivation letter of a candidate for the position of judge of the Constitutional Court of Ukraine;
- a copy of identity document confirming Ukrainian citizenship;
- copies of documents confirming professional experience in the field of law;
- a copy of a declaration of a person autorized to perform state or local self-government functions for the year predicting the submission of documents, with a link to a corresponding page of the Unified State Register of declarations of persons authorized to perform state or local self-government functions;
- a copy of a diploma of higher legal education (with appendices) of a master’s degree obtained in Ukraine, and/or copies of documents confirming a higher legal education of the corresponding degree obtained abroad, with copies of documents confirming their recognition in Ukraine, as well as copies of documents of academic degree, academic title (if available);
- a copy of document confirming proficiency in state language in accordance with the level determined by the National Commission for State Language Standards;
- written consent to the processing of personal data and publication of copies of relevant documents;
- a statement on conducting an audit, provided for by the Law «On Cleansing of Power», or a conclusion based on the results of such an audit (if available);
- written consent to conduct a special review in accordance with the law;
- other documents provided for by the Law «On Prevention of Corruption» for conducting a special review.
Application window for submission of documents closed on January 30, 2023:
- at 6 p.m. – if the documents were submitted in paper form by means of postal communication;
- at 24 p.m. – if the documents were submitted in electronic form through the system of electronic interaction of executive authorities;
During January 30 – February 6, the Parliament’s Secretariar gradually published scanned copies of documents of applicants for competitive selection, in addition to the information provided for in the third part of Article 10-5 of the Law «On the Constitutional Court of Ukraine» (in particular, information regarding the place of residence or stay, dates of birth, addresses, phone numbers or other means of communication, e-mail addresses, etc.).
The list of applicants for competitive selection of candidates for the position of judge of the Constitutional Court of Ukraine under the Parliament’s quota (according to the priority of publication of documents on the Parliament’s website):
- Karmaza О. О., member of the Central Election Commission;
- Kopylenko O. L., member of the Parliament of Ukraine;
- Scherbanyuk О. V., Head of the Department of Procedural Law of Yuriy Fedkovych Chernivtsi National University;
- Kvasha О. О., academic secretary of Koretsky Institute of State and Law;
- Sabodash R. B., associate professor of Civil Law Department of the Educational and Scientific Institute of Law of Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University;
- Klymenko К. О., associate professor of the International Relationship and Social Science of National University of Life and Environmental Science of Ukraine;
- Kyrychenko Y. М., member of the Board of the Centre for Policy and Legal Reform;
- Pavlish P. V., member of the Parliament of Ukraine;
- Nazarov І. V., deputy head of the National Agency for Higher Education Quality Assurance.
Within 20 days after the deadline for submitting documents, the Parliament’s Committee on Legal Policy must check the completeness of the documents of applicants for the position of a judge of the Constitutional Court of Ukriane, as well as establish the applicants compliance with the requirements defined by the Constitution and the Law «On the Constitutional Court of Ukraine» for the judge of the Constitutional Court (regarding citizenship, knowledge of the state language, age, education and work experience). Following that, the Parliament’s Committee on Legal Policy will decide on acceptance or rejection for participation in the competitive selection for applicants for the position of judges of the Constitutional Court.