Press conference “How should the new Supreme Court look like: the survey results”
On December 7, the Centre of Policy and Legal Reform (CPLR) will hold a press conference “How should the new Supreme Court look like: the survey results”, where the results of the opinion poll regarding expectations from the new Supreme Court (SC) will be released. The CPLR conducted a survey through an online questionnaire, for which 421 respondents took part, including 340 lawyers (36 judges among them) were polled.
The agenda will also include:
• Top 5 most anticipated innovations from the new Supreme Court.
• The biggest challenges for the new SC during the first year of activity.
• Is there a need to introduce updated standards of conduct for judges of the new SC?
• Is there public trust in the whole of the SC or only in its individual judges?
Journalists are warmly invited to attend.
What? Press conference “How the new Supreme Court should look like: the survey results”
When? December 7, 2017, 10.30 - 11.20
Where? UNIAN News Agency, 4 Khreshchatyk St, Kyiv
· Larysa Rogach, Judge of the new SC
· Mykola Mazur, Judge of the new SC
· Volodymyr Kravchuck, Judge of the new SC, President of the Association for the Development of Judicial Self-Government of Ukraine
· Roman Kuybida, Deputy Head of the Board of the CPLR
· Volodymyr Sushchenko, Head of the Board of Expert Centre for Human Rights, member of Trustee Board of Ukrainian Bar Association
Accreditation of journalists will be held directly onsite.
Additional information: Yarina Busol, tel: +38 095 153 2542, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Background Information: The press conference is organized by the Centre of Policy and Legal Reform (CPLR) with the support of the European Union (EU). The opinions expressed by the CPLR experts do not reflect the official position of the EU.
The Centre of Policy and Legal Reform (CPLR) is an analytical center created in 1996, whose purpose is to support the implementation of the institutional reforms aimed at ensuring the democracy, the rule of law and proper governance in Ukraine.