Centre of Policy and Legal Reform (CPLR) — is a Ukrainian think-tank that promotes reform in the law and politics of Ukraine. The organization has its general goals the strengthening of democracy, the rule of law and good governance in our country. The Centre was established in 1996.
CPLR works through research, policy advising, monitoring of public decision making and via civic education. The work of CPLR is focused on the following policy areas: constitutionalism, public administration, judiciary, and criminal justice. The issues of human rights, combating corruption and gradual adaption of the Ukrainian legal system to the standards of the European Union are cross-cutting themes throughout all policy areas.
General governing bodies: General Meeting and Supervisory Council.
Control body: Audit Committee.
Operational governance bodies: Board of the Centre; Head of the Board; Executive Director.
The body in charge of the general governing of CPLR is the Supervisory Council. Its decisions, adopted within its competences, are considered by the General Meeting of CPLR and are binding on the bodies, members and employees of CPLR.
The members of the Supervisory Council of CPLR are:
- Shyshkin Viktor Ivanovych, Ph.D. in Law, judge of the Constitutional Court of Ukraine, head of the Supervisory Council of CPLR.
- Petryshyn Oleksandr Vitaliiovych, doctor of law, professor, president of the National Academy of Law of Ukraine.
- Syroid Oksana Ivanivna, deputy chairman of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.
- Boiko Andrii Mykhailovych, doctor of law, professor, member of High Council of Justice.
- Meleshevych Andrii Anatoliiovych, doctor of philosophy, professor, President of National University "Kyiv Mohyla Academy".
Members of the Board of the Centre of Policy and Legal Reform:
- Ihor Koliushko, Constitutional and Administrative Law, politics and Public administration expert. Head of the Board of the Centre of Policy and Legal Reform.
- Victor Tymoshchuk, PhD in Law, Administrative Law and Public administration expert, Deputy of the Head of the Board of the Centre of Policy and Legal Reform, senior researcher of the Institute of state and law of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
- Roman Kuybida, PhD in Law, Judiciary law expert, Deputy of the Head of the Board of the Centre of Policy and Legal Reform, assistant professor of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv.
- Oleksandr Banchuk, PhD in Law, Administrative and Criminal Law expert, member of the Board of the Centre of Policy and Legal Reform, researcher of the Institute of state and law of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
- Mykola Khavroniuk, Doctor of Law, Criminal Law expert, expert of combatting corruption, Director of Scientifically development of the Centre of Policy and Legal Reform, member of the Board of the Centre of Policy and Legal Reform, professor of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, honored Lawyer of Ukraine.
- Yuliya Kyrychenko, member of the Board, expert on the Constitution.
Executive Director — Mykola Stepanov.
Read more about CPLR